Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 21 February 2020

Cold.

Cold and grey today with rain in the morning and cold winds in the afternoon.
The day began with a call from the estate agents booking in another viewing for tomorrow morning. After the usual housework I cleaned the glass in the halls doors and wiped the smudge marks from Speedy's nose off my study windows. A little bit of sparkle to make the place look inviting. I also moved the hanging basket back up to its hook. That's about all we can do until tomorrow's hiding of clutter. I also got out the superglue to stick down all the new pulls, done by Speedy, on the stair carpet. I had to cut the top of the bottle and ended up with glue over several fingers. It took longer to remove most of the glue from my fingers than to sort the carpet. We've decided that although most of Red Roofs will have wood floors we'll have a thick carpet in our bedroom where pets are not allowed. Cosier to walk on and perhaps a little softer should either of us have a fall in our dotage. With the walls being cream, the same as here and in Dingles, we haven't decided on the colour. Maybe a gold/sand colour to go with our pine furniture and light wood bed.
Rosemary.

No comments: