Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 20 February 2020

Windy.


After a very wet start the day brightened up with plenty of sunshine. Right now I can see 3 showers out over the sea and Hartland and another over Braunton. The strong winds were bitterly cold so I didn't envy Peter walking into town. I've only got a few daffodils out but a neighbour has a bank of them dancing in the wind. I took the opportunity to put Speedy's bedding in the machine and then out on the line. (The very tall trees in the background sway alarmingly in the high winds.) With his cone on Speedy can't fit into his proper cat igloo so he has two beds, one under a radiator with a pillow case over an old pillow and a tipped up box on the table with a folded fleece inside. 
I brought home 5 boxes yesterday and three of them have now been packed and labelled. There's a surprising amount of bending involved in packing boxes. Even with so many boxes packed neither of the big cupboards are quite empty.
My doctor changed one of my medicines and I had to laugh when I opened the bag the chemist gave me. The new tablets come in a tiny box and the tablets are teeny tiny, only 8mm long. 
(From Yesterday.) The garden centre displays its decorative 'stuff' in room settings. There were quite a few things that would fit into my beachy theme for Red Roofs but not at those prices. Nice to look at though. Further thought has led me to decide that I will only buy 'stuff' from charity shops where the money will go to a good cause or from local craftsmen or artists.
Celandines and primroses are popping up all over the front garden.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Would be nice to see a daffodil this time of year!!