Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 25 February 2020

Choosing a New Front Door.

Today has been a mix of brief sunny spells and longer wet ones with a very chill wind blowing at all times. Temperatures are due to fall below freezing tonight, brrr.
It's time to decide on the design of our new front door and I've spent a lot of time working my way through the sites of the two companies our window people use. So far nothing has really sprung out at me despite the vast number of combinations possible. The first consideration is getting as much light as possible into a not very well lit hallway. Combined with the fact that I'm uncomfortable if I can't see who's outside means a half glass door either square or arched. There's also the fact that the current door has a glass panel down the side. However if I understand the latest update from the builder correctly the internal floor level will be higher due to the insulated boards that will be going under the new wood flooring which means the top of the door frame will have to be raised. Luckily Peter agrees with me that if we're doing that we might as well increase the size of the opening and have a matching panel on the other side of the door.
The old dog leg porch has to go and having a symmetrical inner door will fit better with the new porch which will be similar to the one below but in white.
 This is probably how the inner front door will look (in white). 
But if money was no object either of these doors below would be my choice. I tried to find a price but I guess if you have to ask then you can't afford it. 
We had a visit today from our friendly electrician as three out of four of the spotlights in the bathroom have failed. I looked on line to find out how to change the bulbs but the covers wouldn't turn to remove the bulbs. When the electrician came it turned out that the whole units have to be changed and he's sorting it out. They may even be under warranty but even if not it will be good to get them sorted. He's another of Peter's friends and we all had a long chat while he had a cup of tea. I always offer a cuppa and biscuits and find it shocking that some people don't as we've been told a number of times by people working in our homes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

In this manner my partner Wesley Virgin's report launches in this SHOCKING AND CONTROVERSIAL video.

Wesley was in the army-and shortly after leaving-he found hidden, "MIND CONTROL" secrets that the CIA and others used to obtain everything they want.

As it turns out, these are the exact same SECRETS many celebrities (especially those who "became famous out of nowhere") and elite business people used to become wealthy and successful.

You probably know how you only use 10% of your brain.

That's because the majority of your brainpower is UNCONSCIOUS.

Maybe that expression has even occurred INSIDE OF YOUR own brain... as it did in my good friend Wesley Virgin's brain 7 years ago, while driving a non-registered, garbage bucket of a vehicle without a driver's license and $3 in his bank account.

"I'm very frustrated with living paycheck to paycheck! When will I finally make it?"

You've been a part of those those types of conversations, isn't it so?

Your success story is going to happen. All you need is to believe in YOURSELF.

Learn How To Become A MILLIONAIRE Fast