Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 12 February 2020

Cold.

The day began with a number of wintry showers which threw hail against the windows. The rain held off for the rest of the day which was good as I had to walk into town. I'm listening to the radio as I blog and Storm Dennis is still headed our way.
In town I posted my parcel at the Post Office in Smiths where I didn't have to queue at all. After that I only had a few things on my list but still walked the length of the High St. to check out the charity shops. It was sad to see that a number of ordinary shops are closing, never a good look on a main shopping street. I walked through the Pannier Market which was empty apart from one antiques stall and this magnificent trap. 
I found another paperweight for my collection in the Hospice shop. I prefer the smaller more blue one but it'll do.
Walking home I decided to cut through by the church and was rewarded with the sight of this flowering japonica. 


This evening Peter had a suspicious email from our window people in Wales. Although it came from their email address it didn't look right. When Peter rang them it turned out their email had been hacked and as Terry (the windows man) watched messages were disappearing and with Peter's help he traced the hacker to Nigeria. With Peter's background in IT we're always suspicious and this sort of fraud has been highlighted on consumer programmes. Now Terry can warn all his customers and Peter advised him to report the matter to his bank in writing and get them to sign a copy of the letter to show they have been informed. There have been far too many cases of banks trying to pass on losses back to the customer. Hard copy and face to face transactions are still the best way to avoid fraud.

No comments: