Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 18 February 2020

Wet.

It's been a wild and wet day. However there were enough dry spells to convince me it would be a good idea to run a load in the washing machine. Luckily the winds were strong enough to make a difference to the washing out on the line and I had a happy afternoon ironing. Peter's friend called round before 8.00 to drive him to the car parts place to get a new battery. The car parts place is owned by another friend's family and the young girl who served him used to run across the playground to give me a big hug every time I walked in to school. That's what I shall miss when we move, all those local connections and memories.
With nothing much to do in the house I wrote up autumn's notes into the Hobbit Diary. Before practicing the font with a green italic pen I read through some of the old entries. I've never had a brilliant memory but even those brief notes help me place which events happened in each year and bring back clear memories.
Good news on Red Roofs, the latest plumber has begun work and the builder is beginning on the roof starting I hope with the flat roof above the sitting room bay window soon to become French doors.

No comments: