Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 8 February 2020

Battening Down the Hatches.

This morning there was not a cloud to be seen, by midday fluffy white clouds filled the sky and now dark clouds are moving swiftly under a grey sky. 
This is my view as I sit at my PC. My photo from Red Roofs to remind me where we will be soon ….. or at least eventually and my glass earrings from St Ives along with a couple of pebbles from St Ives harbour. To me the earrings are miniature works of beautiful art and are deserved to be on show.
Today I've been preparing for the arrival of Storm Ciara.  My fondness for disaster films and a tendency to prepare for the worst may have influenced me though the coming storm is featuring in all the news. At first I used more rope to tie the acers together secured at one end to a large ceramic pot but then I changed my mind. That's because although the bottom of the wall is concrete blocks there's no place to tie a rope and the wooden fence and posts above are decidedly wobbly. It would be a real shame if the acers, which are coming to Wales with us, were damaged by the wind so I decided to bring them down closer to the house. The post and the hose reel are both firmly fixed and should hold if the trees are blown about. The aluminium chairs are very light so they got brought down too. That's about all I can do for now. The plastic bin store in the front garden which used to have a tendency to blow around got weighed down with three concrete slabs inside so no way is that going to move.

Having finished knitting I'm now looking for another project to do when I'm taking a break. Maybe some needle felting. I'd been looking forward to needle felting while listening to the radio and watching the waves in Borth but unless a bright idea pings into my head I may start now.
Just thought of one more storm preparation to do. That's to place a small container in the loft under where an old ventilation pipe lets a small amount of rain in. PS. The lady on the radio has said it will be a 'particularly dangerous' storm.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Hope the storm isn't as bad as predicted!