Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 14 February 2020

Grey.

A grey day which eventually turned to drizzle and now rain.
Happy Valentine's Day.
This morning I was the lucky recipient of a bunch of roses and a box of white Lindt d'or from Peter. He in turn had some bottles of beer and because I thought he could do with one a towelling dressing gown. I got him one from M&S because although it was pricey it's very good quality. I seem to have a thing about dressing gowns but they are such useful garments. I currently have 3 in everyday use; a big extra fluffy one which is perfect for keeping out the cold- very necessary when we were in Dingles, a shorter version for wearing in bed and a towelling one for after the shower. 
Today we had another viewing! Peter was out getting his back crunched at the chiropractor so I did all of the house tour. The viewer was a very nice young lady who came with a friend. She's a first time buyer which is good in that there's no waiting in a dreaded chain. She seemed impressed with the light flooding all the rooms and liked the fact that the garden is low maintenance as she is a nurse with the military. But you never know. Still three viewings in two weeks must be a sign that the market is picking up. And I now know that we can put things away and make the house presentable in half an hour if necessary.
The postman brought me my order of twelve rolls of packing tape, six brown and six Fragile. I'd run out of the brown tape so Vytas' parcel was sent festooned with Fragile signs not that the Post Office takes any notice. However I didn't do any more packing but sat and knitted until the first black mitten was finished. For the fiddly job of finishing the thumb I sat at my desk with a spotlight aimed at the mitten which helped until Speedy jumped up on the desk and began poking at the needles.
 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Good news about the house viewings picking up. Hope all goes well and SOON!
Happy Valentine's Day.