Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 10 February 2020

Stormy.

Although the worst of the storm has passed today has been a mix of cold bright spells with longer stormy squalls. I took the precaution of going shopping in my wellies. I'd just gone into BJ's when the first spell of rain hit followed by thunder and heavy hail. BJ's building is a basic high warehouse with a corrugated roof and the noise was pretty bad. By the time I went outside it had all cleared up and the sun was shining. Right now we're back to wild storm conditions. One of the houses around our grass had its windows replaced today. Not the best conditions for having open spaces. Peter told me that the men tried to carry on as hail was blown straight into the house but they had to give up until the hail stopped. It's all done and closed up now.
I called in at BJ's to buy some more white storage boxes. They are so versatile and make clutter/craft stuff look neat and tidy. I wanted 10 but there were only 6 on the shelf so I took all of those. I knew they had them in Tesco's but almost a third more expensive. However in Tesco's they were half price so I bought 10 to add to the original 6. The other items were in the 10p section; self adhesive hooks, self adhesive cork circles and some Christmas baubles because they were pretty.
On the way to town I had collected this mini food chopper which was offered for sale on the local FB page. I thought it might be useful to Peter when he makes hummus or chops cabbage for coleslaw which he is eating a lot of recently in a bid to improve his diet. Brand new it was only £3 so not a lot wasted if it isn't suitable. 
 Photos from the Web.
Storm and flood warnings continue for today and later in the week with snow on higher ground. Yesterday there had been some flooding in Borth affecting the pricey holiday homes along the beach and the caravan park. We're higher up on the cliff and so far haven't had any phone calls either from the builder or the neighbours about any storm damage.
The whole country is affected. (Borth is about level with Birmingham.) 
South Devon (I think.)

1 comment:

happyone said...

WOW those are some huge waves!!