Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 18 April 2022

April Showers.

A mix of sunshine and a few showers today.
This morning I was keen to get on with the next stage of the shelves project. It's been such a long wait and we are so near to completion. Today we assembled all the sections but partly due to the uneven wall and sloping floor and partly due to our lack of fine joinery skills it didn't fit as snugly as I had imagined. However it is secure, the shelves more or less level and once the joins are made less visible by the addition of white silicone sealant I'm sure it will be wonderful. It's already a great improvement not having a trip hazard across the opening between the two rooms and it looks more spacious too. 
By the time I'd finished wiping the adhesive from all the various places it had ended up on (wet wipes work really well for this) I was ready for my afternoon of sitting outside. I read for some of the time and for the rest of the time watched the sea and the people in it.  
I ended the afternoon by emptying and cleaning a big concrete planter in the front garden. It's heavy so I'll ask the builders, when they return! if they wouldn't mind moving it to the back garden. Then I did some work on the paved area in the back garden and more thinking about how to re-pot and arrange the acers there. 

 

No comments: