Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 4 April 2022

Wet.

Rain all day long. The view has been of a grey sky merging into choppy grey seas. Not very warm either. In the days before energy prices rose by 50% or more for heating oil, we would have not thought twice about turning the heating up to 20C to make things cosy but now extra jumpers go on first. For us it's a matter of choice but for so many people heating has just become unaffordable. I simply don't understand how the energy companies are being allowed to make record amounts, it's nothing more than profiteering. I can only assume that the people who run this country have shares in these companies and we know they have no empathy for the ordinary folk of this country.

It certainly hasn't been a day for working outside. Instead I did all the usual routine, Welsh including this week's homework, two lots of exercise biking and the piano. The only thing I didn't do was guitar pratice. Then I tackled some small tidying up and sorting jobs in the utility room and my study. The result, tidier rooms and one less box lurking about.
There hasn't even been much to see outside, just a few dog walkers and some hardy families exercising the children by walking them up the hill. I guess if you've come for a holiday in one of the caravan parks it's either spend money in the on-site facilities or venture out for a walk. 
Friday's beach walk.
Walking along the edge of the waves last Friday I came across these two jelly-like blobs on the wet sand. They were about 1.5cms long and had a green hue and I had never seen anything like them before. An on-line search for 'green jelly blobs on beach' identified them as the egg masses of Eulalia viridis, a bright green marine worm up to 15 cms long that lives under seaweed.
Eulalia viridis (photo from the net).

No comments: