Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 30 April 2022

Grey.

It's been overcast today, not much wind so it didn't feel cold until later in the afternoon when a light sea mist chilled the air.
From tomorrow dogs are not allowed on the beach until October so the dog walkers were taking advantage of the dry day. (I can see 8 dogs in the above photo.)
The sea was flat so I was surprised not to see the usual paddle boarders and kayakers. Only Peter and his fellow club members rowing round to Ynyslas. 
I have spent my day gardening. Mainly in the front garden where I didn't quite finish filling the end bed. Nearly there but my back started to twinge so I was sensible and didn't push on. Instead I weeded in the back garden. It needed doing especially as the forecast is for rain tomorrow. We could do with it as the ground is as dry as a bone. I'd been tempted to keep the feverfew and Welsh poppy seedlings growing in the herb garden but in the end cleared the lot. Apart from some garden foxgloves which I transplanted for fun in the herb garden are; lavender, fennel, rosemary, sage, flat parsley and thyme. I'd still like to get dill as I'm not having much luck with dill seeds and some different varieties of thyme. I also have three varieties of mint growing in pots and chives in a raised bed.

 

1 comment:

lea said...

I have seen little volunteer dill coming up around my garden already. It's funny how some things will readily volunteer, but won't grow if we want them to.