Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 2 April 2022

Wet.

Today has been cold with steady light to moderate rain and a little sun later in the afternoon.
The sea has been flat all day but these two SUPs were the only people I saw out on the water. Even the proposed row was cancelled due to lack of interest.
My ribs have been playing up again, (I think I need to lighten the bucket and carry fewer pebbles from the front to the back garden.) So today I planned a quiet day and began preparing my sheepskin boot slippers for new soles. I've removed the old soles which had started to fall apart inside and cut the soles off a pair of slippers I bought in town last week. I could do with something warm around my ankles to ward off the cold. Best get sewing. I also biked twice, did some DuoLingo and vocabulary work too.
Now for some more photos of the wonderful 600 year old building we had our coffee in yesterday.
The stairs leading off from the entrance hall.
Go up the stairs and as you turn to take the second flight you will find your hand resting on the head of this monster.
Stop for a moment and look to your left to see this unusual internal arch.
The stairs lead you up to another large hall.
Look out of the window on the left to see more medieval buildings.
Or look back down the hall to see another archway and if you need it (we did) the ty bach (little house/toilet) is beyond the open door on the right.
Back down in the street there are a pair of magnificent gates guarding the archway leading to the entrance door on the right. I couldn't get them fully in the frame without stepping back out into the road which wouldn't have been that safe.

Heard yesterday that Sally is recovering from her bout of covid and not surprisingly Vytas has now tested positive. Let's hope he makes a speedy recovery too.
 

No comments: