Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 27 April 2022

Zoo Day.

The day swung from blazing hot when the sun was shining and quite chilly when it hid behind the clouds.
When I got to the zoo I was asked to clear the docks from around the silver foxes' pen. There were some across the front of the pens which were quite easy to dig up even though the roots were up to 12" long. It was when I tackled the docks growing by the side of the pen my job was much more difficult as their roots went down between hard packed stones. Much tougher on the hands despite the thick leather work gloves I wore. It took me three hours but I was buoyed up by the thought that the more roots I got out the longer it would be before the docks regrew. One of the two silver foxes is happy to sleep at the front of the pen. He came to watch me as I worked but wasn't brave enough to sniff my hand through the mesh.
I love the woolly pigs' curls.
When I got home the builder was just finishing off fitting the new/old gates. I'm glad we were able to reuse these galvanised gates which had been across the step in the garden. 
Peter had also been busy when I was out. He'd brought down all the bags of rubble from the back garden and tipped them into the raised beds. I moved more of the spoil heap into the raised beds as well before taking time to rest in the sun on the terrace.




 

No comments: