Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 28 April 2022

Cloudy.

Cloudy and a bit chilly today.
Today has mostly been about working on the raised beds with a break in the middle for our Zoom class. In the morning I heaved the last of the old concrete blocks into the raised bed and levelled them off with subsoil from the spoil heap. 
After class I planned to use mortar to fill in the holes and cracks in the under terrace wall. However it was only when I mixed up some ready mix concrete that I realised that it had rough aggregate in it. That turned out not to be ideal for filling cracks though I did manage to fill a few of the bigger holes. Giving up on that job instead I cleaned up some bricks. I say bricks but although they are brick sized and shaped they are made of concrete. That makes them very heavy but when cleaned up they will be ideal for stacking planters on.
Not much else of interest today. Class was fun and it certainly helped that we had gone through the questions thoroughly on Monday. Peter is out with some of the rowing club members for a curry. I chose to stay home with a chocolate brownie for a treat with my supper.

 

No comments: