Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 14 April 2022

Cloudy.

No mist today but generally fairly grey, not that cold but not that warm either.
As Peter had informed me that he only wants to do diy stuff in the mornings we made a start on the kitchen shelves straight after breakfast even though I'd planned to go shopping. I say made a start because it turned out that he didn't have the right blade for the jigsaw to cut the laminated board cleanly. He'd bought some but not the right ones. However my plan had begun with 'make a test cut to check the blade' so it only means another day's delay. The whole job is something an experienced carpenter or kitchen fitter could do in no time but yet again we are having to work with new materials and learn on the job so it takes a whole lot longer. But as we've not been able to get anyone in we have to do it ourselves. My first stop in town was at one of the builders' merchants on the far side to buy the correct blade. Then back to Lidl to buy salmon, petit pois and new potatoes for a nice dinner on Sunday.
After that I still had time to buy plasters in HomeStores and try on a pair of on sale size 12 leggings in Matalan, a good fit on the legs but a bit too snug around the waist. I also called in at the florists where I bought two more air plants. Plus I made a point of complimenting them on the bouquet that was delivered for Mothers' Day. One of our class members had found a Welsh poetry book written for both children and learners that had a vocbulary on each page with a cd in a local charity shop which spurred me on to check out the children's books in the charity shops. I found these two, neither written for learners but the songs and rhymes one does have a cd. At less than £2 for both I thought they would be worth getting.
Once home I used the builders' wheelbarrow to move bricks from the demolished chimney from behind the street wall by the front door down to the front garden. I left the better ones as I still need to make supports for plant troughs there but the ones with too much mortar stuck to them can be dumped inside the raised beds.
I was finishing off the afternoon by cycling when I spotted a couple of dolphins. The first ones of the season. Naturally cycling was forgotten as I rushed out, binoculars in hand. There were several dolphins feeding close up by the cliff. Eventually they moved further out but I had a great view from the cliff. Behind me I could hear the clicking of a 'real' camera so no doubt some decent photos will turn up on one of the local FB pages. What didn't please me was the sight of a SUP paddling closer and closer to the dolphins. It is illegal to try and get within 100m because it disturbs the dolphins' feeding behaviour and can separate calves from their mothers. I've put a reminder out on FB as it is believed that the decline in dolphin numbers in the bay is down to human disturbance. 





No comments: