Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 7 April 2022

Stormy.

The weather changed suddenly last night with a severe squall  making it hard to even open the door and once I did (to call Speedy in) I had to shut it quickly to avoid getting soaked. By morning the rain was beginning to die down but the wind which was gusting up to 55 mph according to Peter's anemometer had churned the whole bay into a mess of white caps as far as the eye could see. By the afternoon (middle photo) a few patches of blue were beginning to appear and by 5.00 (bottom photo) we were back to blue skies.
Having walked out of the Post Office in town on Monday because of the long queue being served by a single chatty lady I had to brave the wind this morning to send some cards at the Post Officve counter in the local shop. Getting there was fine as the wind blew me down the road but it was a bit harder walking back. I didn't go for a beach walk, well only a tiny one from the Lifeboat Station and I also stopped by the rowing club's boat in the boat park to do my best to secure the cover which was working loose.
Back home I turned on my PC to prepare for our Zoom class and DISASTER! It opened up with something different. I made the mistake of choosing my old user name and after declining many cookies, I found that that I had lost all my internet links. I couldn't log in to my emails because the password I had in my 'Book of important information' didn't work which is probably due to me not writing down the new one and then when I went to change my password it turned out that because I hadn't made any phone calls for a long time my phone had been disconnected. I think I only use my phone when I change passwords which is text and doesn't count. Aargh! Now I'll have to get a new phone and change my number on all the verification details I have or try and get the old number unlocked. Luckily Peter had a pen-drive with my favourites saved from the last PC change and I was able to get into my emails and from there into the Zoom class. After the class I turned off my PC for a couple of hours to 'give it time to reflect on its bad behaviour'. When I turned it back on I was able to see how to change back to being 'Customer' and return to normal usage. I still need to find out or change my email password and sort out the phone issue.
Our numbers were depleted in the Zoom class with some members having covid but we had a good lesson. The latest anomaly is the way numbers 2, 3 & 4 are different if the following noun is femminine. Some of the soft mutations, where the initial letter changes, occur after some vowels/ words and sometimes only happen if the following noun is femminine but not if it is masculine. Such a lot to remember.
After class I painted the wood and fittings again, pedalled and dug out my weights, just 1kg, to do some arm exercises as I'm losing a lot of muscle in my arms and legs due to lack of exercise and the diet. Peter is getting concerned that I'm losing too much weight even though I'm still at the higher end of normal BMI according to the NHS calculator, and am two and a half stone above the under-weight mark for my age and diminshed height. I'm pedalling twice a day and will see which of my physio exercises I can do without aggrivating my ribs or back.
I finished off my day with washing the salt off the windows as they were hazy after the wild weather. Now I'm looking forward to a cabbage, poatoes and sausage casserole that Peter is making in the slow cooker. When I say sausage that's Polish sausage-from Lidl and Lithuanian sausage - from Lithuania. Real comfort food, perfect for this wild weather.
 

No comments: