Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 29 April 2022

Windy.

Sunny today with a chilly easterly wind.

We're beginning to see more boats out in the bay from working fishing boats putting out lobster pots to fancy speed boats and utilitarian skiffs. 
Peter went off to town and the dump this morning while I escaped to the garden. First I loaded up the trolley with the last of the rubble from the back garden and pushed or rather held on to the trolley going down the slope of the pavement and round to the bottom gate.
I did some rearranging of the blocks I've used to make the cross walls in the side bed and then carried on transferring the spoil heap to the bed. Another day or two of work and I should have filled the end section. The planting plan for that section is bluebells, daffodils and the several varieties of crocosmia that survived the double move with maybe a ceonothus or perhaps just some honeysuckle to go up into the hedge.
I sat out on the terrace for a while though I was wrapped up like the Michelin man against the cold wind. The shelter from the hedges makes it much warmer down in the garden but of course there isn't such a good view. Speedy turned up to sit on my lap until I noticed a tick on his head. I have a little plastic hook thing that makes removing ticks easy and Speedy was happy with his treat of a few Dreamies.  
 Last night's sunset.


No comments: