Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 20 April 2022

Sunny.

A warm Borthbados day today, lots of sun with the occasional fluffy white cloud floating by. My day started wonderully when I woke up with nothing hurting which made a lovely change. I was up by 7.00 and got my first cycling session done before breakfast. There's a rumour that my bike is going to be ready (tyres pumped up and uneven wheel straightened) in the near future which means I could cycle down to the zoo instead of using the car, at least when it's not wet.
I took my coat with me to the zoo but ended up working in my sleeveless top. All around the animals were dozing in the sun.
Pablo and Buddy the ponies and Honey one of the woolly pigs.
I meant to start weeding the big play area last week but there had been too many children playing on it. By this week even more weeds had sprung up so that was my job for the day. It's easy work turning over the woodchip with the hand hoe and picking out the weeds and I was able to do the whole of the front section and then between the towers and back out to the other side. It was fairly busy and so at times a few children climbed around above me. I had a lovely conversation with a small child aged about 4 years old who wanted to know all about the wolf-dogs. 
When I got home Peter gave me a hand to re-pot one of the acers into the biggest plastic tub I have and I gave the two concrete planters a second coat of blue paint. 
And then it was time to sit out in the sun with my trousers pulled up to my knees watching the happy holidaymakers on the beach. It was turning out to be a lovely day and then the builder turned up and made me even happier when he announced he and two bricklayers will be here at 7.45 tomorrow morning. Unlike most builders he doesn't start with a cuppa but gets to work straight away and I don't need to make a cup of tea or coffee for a couple of hours. Raised beds here we come.

 

No comments: