Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 25 April 2022

Machynlleth.

Another bright and sunny day today.
We were off out again to meet up with classmates in Machynlleth. It was a lovely drive there with the sun shining through the fresh green leaves on the trees and lambs in just about every field. 
Once again we met in the Caffi Alys in the stunning medieval Canolfen Owain Glyndwr. There were five of us today and we had a purpose - our holiday homework, which was to to go through these 52 questions and be able to come up with sensible answers. Between us and Google translate (which is not too good for Welsh) and with the help of some Welsh speakers in the cafe who were being subjected to our attempts at the language, we managed to make progress. How much I will remember when it comes to the zoom class on Thursday is another matter. 
After much chat, hilarity, coffee and cake our group disbanded and  Peter and I went for a stroll around the town. There has been a weekly market here since 1291 hence the very wide street.
All the buildings are interesting with tempting views down the side alleys.
The building fronts and shop windows tend to reflect the quirky alternative style of the inhabitants. These two seemed a little exhausted from being permanently on view.


I had a long browse in the excellent card shop and bought a suitable card for an upcoming birthday. We went in one hardware store and bought this flexi-bucket to try out as another option for soaking the oven grilles and trays while in another hardware store I bought a cheap but just what I needed wire brush/scraper tool. I also visited a couple of charity shops One had a selection of interesting multi-coloured, fluffy ,sparkly and/or textured wools. Somebody must share my magpie instincts. Although I liked most of them I refrained and just bought these three for £1.
When we got back home we saw that the builder had been and replaced all the broken slabs with whole ones and made the step down to the lawn safe. I wasted no time in getting out and scraping off the loose paint from the under-terrace wall with my new scraper. That done I shifted some more rubble and subsoil into the side bed. Little by little the spoil heap is decreasing. 

Sunset tonight.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Sounds like a perfectly lovely day.