Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 5 April 2022

Grey.

It's been mostly dry today with more variation in the shades of grey in the view. It also hasn't been so cold. The weather forecast is talking of snow in Scotland with milder air pushing in, more rain I think for tomorrow. 
I bit the bullet and went shopping today. I'd much rather stay home and let Peter go but not only is it not fair on Peter but I had a couple of other things to get as well. Lidl has now moved back across the car park to their new and much bigger premises. Best of all the main car park is now open though you only get two hours of free parking. Inside the shop the shelves were better stocked and with the layout staying the same it was easy to get the shopping done. Nice to note that I can understand more of the Welsh announcements over the tannoy system. I treated myself to a small marzipan egg for Easter and I'm convinced they are smaller than last year. 
On a quick spin around the other shops I found myself this ball of chenille 'wool' in one of the charity shops. I was looking for something fun to knit a woolly jacket for my cup to keep my drink warm when I sit outside. We had those insulated cups but I find the plastic makes tea taste funny. The chenille is very chunky and I ended up using my largest needles on the test piece. Then I spotted some instructions inside the label showing how to knit using only one strand of the net structure to make ruffles for a scarf. My version is more like a bath mat but I think it will do for my cup. On my way back I called in at a builders' merchant to buy a length of planed wood to make the shelf supports for the last kitchen open fronted cupboard. We've given up waiting for someone to make it for us and will do our best to do it ourselves. That at least will save money.

 

No comments: