Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 24 April 2022

Sunny.

A lovely sunny day with a brisk easterly wind. 
Prefering not to have a weatherworn face (I've enough wrinkles already) before I went out to work in the garden I slathered on factor 50 sun cream, the kind made for children that goes on blue so that you can see where you're putting it. I think I should have reapplied it during the day as my cheeks look a bit red right now.

Peter came out for a while and helped me remove this concrete wall plaque from the front of the terrace wall. It's sweet enough but not my style. I posted it on the local FB page in case anyone wanted it and one of the volunteers at the zoo asked for it straight away. I'm glad it will have a new home rather than going in the bottom of the raised bed. Peter also drilled a hole in a block wall at the side of the terrace so that I can fix a hosepipe to the bottom of the water butt that sits at the side of the house. That will come in useful for watering the front garden. That done I carried on filling the raised bed with blocks and subsoil.
I've had to stop filling the terrace bed until I paint the terrace wall. But before I can paint I need to scrape off the loose paint and fill in the holes. What I did do today was to use stump killer on the few roots remaining inside the raised beds. There was the remains of an elder bush which needed cutting away first. That was hard as it was growing in an inaccessible corner between concrete blocks.
I haven't quite cleared the original small raised bed but at least now I can see the plants growing in it which included this pink aubretia and a few weeds.
After an early shower I sat out in the sun for the end of the afternoon. I even worked on our Welsh homework which is to familiarise ourselves with 52 conversation type questions to use in the next lesson.
 

No comments: