Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 8 April 2022

Windy.

Bright with a bitterly cold wind today.
Peter took my phone with him when he went into town today and spoke to a helpful chap in a phone shop who said I would have to speak to the phone company myself and gave us the phone number. When I phoned I spoke to another very helpful man who restored my phone and the £7.24 credit (which should last me a few more years) and suggested I make a phone call or send a text every five months to avoid sending my phone into hibernation again. 
Most of my day was spent on extra housework cleaning places and items that aren't covered by the daily routines. Then, having finally got the right clips, I attempted to sort out the outdoor tv cable which had an annoying loop dangling below the top of the window by the table. The first part of the job went well. I removed the old clips from the cable running up the wall, took up the slack that the installer had left while the bay window was still in place and replaced the clips. Instead of simply banging the nails into the wall the Sky fitter had put in plastic plugs first and nailed into those and I was also able to nail into them. The problem came when I realised that I would need to drill more holes above the window for which I would need to be on a ladder leaning over the stairs. As Peter was out on rowing club business I wasn't going to try that on my own. But now there is even more cable hanging in front of the window. Enough incentive to get the job finished tomorrow. 
I had an unpleasant surprise when I went to do my daily DuoLingo. They've given themselves an upgrade and there have been changes to the format of the subjects covered and to the content in each subject section. I had to go back and revise two of my subject (circles) which is as normal but the exercises were much harder than I expected and contained words and grammar that I hadn't come across before in DuoLingo. Luckily I had come across parts in our Zoom classes but Peter kept hearing cries of horror and astonishment coming from my study. Normally I breeze through the revision exercises but today I was having to listen repeatedly on the 'slow' setting, check with an on-line translation and then run and ask Peter if he knew what a spoken word was supposed to be and hope for the best.
The Snowdonia Flight School posted some intersting photos of our coastline.
This was last night's spectacular sunset.

 

No comments: