Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 14 August 2022

A Walk in the Forest.

Still very hot today but we may have thunderstorms tomorrow.
Finally I was able to join the local walking group for a walk that was graded gentle and started from an easy to get to location. With the difficulties Peter has with his ankles and knees it seems sensible for me to find an alternative way of going for walks and we can always walk together at other times. 
The meet up point was in the village we stayed in the very first time we came down to the area to look at houses and this was the pub we'd had a drink in.
Today's walk began across the road up the lane running off to the left.
We were soon in the small forest that runs over the hillside. There were about 10 of us, including a dog, in the group. Peter, the group organiser kept the walk fairly short so that we could stay in the shade of the trees as the minute you stepped out into the sun it felt very hot indeed.
It was very pleasant walking under those tall trees chatting away. I had met a few of the people at the party on the beach but everyone was very friendly and welcoming. With different people the conversation covered gardens, plants, cats, walks and the usual smattering of medical matters.

Our route took us to this ruined cottage next to which we perched on logs and stones to eat our packed lunches (just a slice of bara brith for me as we'd had our usual Sunday breakfast). The route had been planned to carry on across the fields and along a lane but that would all have been in full sun in the middle of the day so instead we opted to return by a sightly different path through the forest.

We were only out for two hours but usually the walks are a bit longer. I had been worried that I might not be able to keep up as I've always been a slow walker but it was fine and I think this will be the group for me.
By the time I got home Peter had gone out for a row. I've packed the car with stuff for the charity shops, mainly curtains and bedding and will do my Welsh before sitting out in the cool of the early evening.

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

It's lovely to go walking in the woods. Your pictures are wonderful.
We have 21 acres of woods right out our back door and feel so very blessed.
Our property also borders on a state forrest park.