Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 6 August 2022

Sunny.

It's been a nice sunny day with a good breeze. Perfect for airing out more of the stored dust sheets.
First thing this morning I walked down to the shop for a bottle of milk. I knew we were running low yesterday but didn't have the energy to go back to the shop before it closed. Instead I had a sunny walk along the cliff while the village slowly woke up after yesterday's extravaganza. I heard that there were at least 2,000 people here. 
Straight after breakfast I drove down to Ynyslas to a small garden centre. It's not so much a garden centre but sells a large range of concrete garden ornaments and summer bedding plants plus a few perennial bedding plants. They had advertised that they were selling off their perennials for £1 each so I thought I'd have a look. Unfortunately they began their sale yesterday and by this morning only had about a dozen plants left. To save it being a wasted journey I bought three pinks; one white, one striped and one pink. As I was leaving I spotted a gorgeous kitten and of course I couldn't resist playing with it for a while. So small and cute and soft pawed but no I'm not in the market for a kitten at the moment. Not that this one needed a new home.
We now have very tall lettuces.
Back at home I bagged up some stuff for the loft and then discovered that my furniture wax has dried up and even after being left out in the hot sun is unusable. That meant I couldn't wax two old wooden chairs one of which at least I'd planned to put in the loft too. Instead I had a sort out in the garage. Peter's enthusiasm for this job seems to have waned and all too soon it will be autumn when we should start keeping the car in the garage not out on the drive exposed to salty winds.
Then I got out the mower and carried on tidying up the front garden. I had planned to shape the wildflower area into more of a circle but somehow took too much off the top so it's just a random shape. At least mowing the paths made it look much better. Mowing done, even just the paths filled a bin bag with mowings, I finished off the edges that I'd left as I didn't want to mow down the mint. It's a really strong spearmint growing there and the smell was wonderful as I worked. Not so enjoyable was climbing over the azaleas to trim the inside of the hedge and pull up as many of the brambles as I could.
Thoroughly worn out I ended my day on the terrace watching people out on the water.

Not too many carnival photos appearing on FB yet, just a few more decorated houses and here is a FB video of the Peaky Blinders float and here is the rowing club float starring The Owl and The Pig.


 Sunset tonight.


1 comment:

happyone said...

Best kind of summer days, sunny with a breeze.
Lovely sunset.