Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 3 August 2022

Sunny.

I wasn't too sure what the weather would be when I looked out of the windows this morning as overhead we had clear skies while from the kitchen window all I could see were dark grey clouds inland.
Fortunately the westerly winds kept the clouds away and even though this evening there was a cloudbank over Snowdonia (below) here it was fine. Perfect conditions for surfers and kids with bodyboards.
In the morning I cycled to the zoo where in my quest to clear the weeds from the gravel in front of the main gates I spent five hours digging away with a hand hoe. It looked lovely when I finished though I didn't take a photo.
The zoo's current licence allows them to have a limited number of days when they can show the exotic animals to the public so today was the first of the VIP days. The public are allowed into the hill section of the zoo where they can see the emus, wallabies, coatis, and some other animals and they also get to meet some of the reptiles and creepy crawlies. The zoo was full of people which was good but I think I may change my day to avoid the crowds.
After I finished my weeding I went up to the hill where I met and chatted to one of my friends before having a wander around to take a few photos.
Back home, after I stopped puffing after cycling up most of the slope home I hung out some dust sheets. When I was sorting out the utility room the other day I'd found that the dustsheets in two boxes were quite musty. I'm going to give them a good airing before deciding if any of the spare sheets are in a good enough condition to be given to the charity shop.
Then it was time for a brief sit out on the terrace before going out again. This time it was with Peter to meet some- which turned out to be two other members of the rowing club to discuss preparing one of the boats as a float in the carnival - on Friday. The theme is The Owl and the Pussycat and amazingly Peter agreed to dress up as the owl, I'll make his costume. Somehow I've been roped in too and though I initially thought about being a cat (there'll be more than one of some of the characters) I'm going to be bold and be the pig with a ring in his nose as I have a selection of pink dressing gowns to chose from and all I need to do is make a mask and a curly tail.
After the meeting in the car park I walked home and Peter stayed on a bit to discuss club business with the organiser. He brought home some fish and chips which we shared for supper and now I need to think about costumes.
Ever wondered what the inside of an emu's mouth looks like?
 

No comments: