Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 15 August 2022

Cooler.

It rained in the night and the day which began with grey sea and grey sky has been a lot cooler. Maybe somewhere in the 20s.
The thunderstorm warning has spread to the whole of the UK but it's one of those - it may or may not happen, warnings and so far there's been nothing here. Though I can see thunderclouds building up over the mountains and rain falling across the bay.
This morning I went off to town as I had lots of stuff to give to the charity shop, I love having more space at home. First stop was Morrisons where I saw that they had closed down their outdoor 'Garden Centre' which is housed in a plastic structure. No doubt the plants had simply burnt to a crisp in that. They still had some plants in the store and I found a pretty red clematis with bell shaped flowers and a white outdoor jasmine as I suspect that not all the climbers I planted will make it through the summer.
In town I bought myself a spinning thing for the garden. It's about 12" across and if it rusts up and stops spinning it was less than a fiver.
At Lidl they had no tins of cat food which was a nuisance. Instead I had to buy the more expensive pouches of cat food which went down a treat with Speedy. No doubt he'll turn up his nose at the tins when I do get them. 
I had a quick trawl around the charity shops and though I spent a while looking at a glass paperweight in the end it got rejected. It had grey glass in it and I'm sticking to clear glass for the sitting room and cobalt blue in my study.
Back home I got out the cold chisel and hammer and cleaned four of the facing blocks plus a half block. that's good going for one session.  




No comments: