Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 2 August 2022

Warm.

Lots of rain in the night and today a southerly wind that brought warmth and clouds. We've had a few light showers so not the best day for the beach unless you're a surfer.
This morning I took the bedroom tv down from the cupboard and got rid of the accumulated dust with lots of hoovering and wiping. I then carried on to hoover the bedroom rugs (still laid over bare floorboards) and had a bit more of a sort out. Some shoes are headed off to the charity shop and so also will some used but servicable curtains.
In the afternoon I used up the last of the apples in the fruit bowl to make apple pancakes something we both enjoy.
Eventually I made it outside. It was raining lightly when I went out but I decided to ignore the weather and sure enough it dried up and I was able to prise out all the weeds growing between the paving slabs at the top of the steps and cut back the montbretia blocking the way down. Every bit helps.
Just listening to an article about Morrisons feeding some of their free-range hens on insects produced on Morrisons food waste instead of carbon expensive soya. I had to smile when the interviewer got the spokesperson to reveal that the insects are a type of fly but neither of them used the word maggots which I suspect is the life-stage I suspect is being fed to the hens. That might put some people off.
 

No comments: