Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 21 August 2022

Grey.

Grey skies, a flat sea and intermittent showers today.
Having succesfully paced myself so that I didn't end up with one bit or another aching in the night  yesterday evening while watching tv I rubbed something into my eye. I looked and rinsed with saline but there was no sign of an eyelash or cat hair, the usual suspects so I guess I scratched my eye with a bit of 'sleep' or dust. That made my eye sore enough to justify some late night watching of Sanditon, my latest light entertainment for night watching. I've started with season one so there are plenty of episodes to keep me amused. I find it more authentic looking than Bridgerton though I wonder how authentic the dances are. Couldn't find any information about them on-line. One thing that interested was a scene set in a Methodist chapel which I immediately recognised as John Wesley's chapel in Bristol which I visited years ago.
Now that the Welsh poppies have died back I was able to plant some of the saved daffodil and narcissi bulbs in the front garden. I had to stop when it rained and after more Duo Lingo returned to taking down tiles from the bathroom. I've cleared the wall where the builder will (eventually) installing a window. Next step is to dismantle the airing cupboard and remove the bath.
After that very dusty job I had an early shower and sat out on the terrace to dry my hair.

 

No comments: