Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 7 August 2022

Sunny.

Lovely weather again today.
Because it was only 6.30 when I first woke I decided to go back to sleep for a few hours after feeding Speedy. That was nice but resulted in a late start to the day so that I ended up cramming in all I wanted to do and then not having time for a relaxing afternoon on the terrace. Instead, after our usual croissants and Archers breakfast, I got some washing out on the line and aired another lot of dustsheets and then with Peter's help got the bedroom tv and some other stuff up into the loft. It was incredibly hot up there, so much so that I'm imagining the paintings melting. We left the loft hatch open for the rest of the day to let some of the heat disperse. After that I went out where most of my time was spent weeding and sweeping the paving slabs that run alongside the garage and then moved on to general weeding and garden tidying. I still squeezed in some time out on the terrace but in future I'll try and avoid those extra hours snoozing in the mornings.

Finally carnival photos are being posted on FB. While I got to see the houses and the floats that were near us in the procession there were a lot that I didn't see until now. I think that in Borth the carnival is the equivalent of Halloween in North America which despite the efforts of the supermarkets etc trying to cash in on the idea is not really celebrated here.
Welsh dragons are always popular.
The Friendship Inn being transformed into Peaky Blinders with a Borth twist.
Celebrating Cantre'r Gwaelod, the kingdom that was drowned 3,000-6,000 years ago.

Pesky seagulls/rubbish/recycling.
Another Welsh dragon.
Sea creatures.
Contrary to my original thoughts all these floats are made by local groups for this carnival only as apart from a smaller one in Aber there are no others in the region. It's just Borth's special day when the community gets together to amuse the holidaymakers.
 Just found this brief clip on FB. So glad I'm incognito.

1 comment:

happyone said...

I can never go back to sleep once I wake up in the morning. Just can never have a late sleep. :)
Glad you had a nice sunny day. We had one too.