Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 19 August 2022

Windy.


A breezy day, a bit grey in the morning and sunnier in the afternoon.
My job for today was more hedge trimming using the loppers to cut back the thick stems. My neighbour has taken all the trimmings up to his farm to burn. The hedge looks very odd from the street side but will be fine once it's finished. 
I gave myself time to relax and enjoy the sun at the end of the afternoon, who knows how many more fine days we'll have? But before that I spent some time doing my Duo Lingo which was not a fun experience. Why? Because they've changed it again. The last set of changes wasn't too radical but this is a total overhaul with a new layout and I so dislike change. Worse still they've removed the 'Tips' that were with each section. The tips give an explanation of the grammar covered in the section a portion of which can be seen below. With conjugation, mutations - where the initial letter of many words can have three different versions depending on the syntax, different north and south vocabulary and numerous exceptions it seems madness to expect the learner to work these out simply by translating words and sentences. I went into Duo to see what was going on and I'd already been switched over. Luckily there is a Welsh learners FB page and somebody sent me the link to the complete set of tips. I may get Peter to print out all 136 pages as I find them invaluable. Otherwise I'd have to be looking through my Zoom class coursebook which has got so much other stuff in it as well.

 

No comments: