Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 22 August 2022

Wet.

Grey skies, grey sea and more rain with the sun reappearing (sort of) here in the afternoon. All while it was still quite warm.
This morning we went up to Mach to meet our friends to work on our Welsh. I think all the other customers in the cafe were visiting tourists who were a bit bemused by our excited attempts to translate the story book we've been reading. Written for learners it's still a challenge but between the four of us, two different dictionaries, our course books and Google translate we got there in the end.
This was the view from the car park, I was trying to show the low cloud hanging over the valley but it looks more like a blur on the camera lens.

Afterwards Peter went off to sit in the car as his knee was reacting to the the damp weather while I went for an amble around the shops. Imagine my surprise to hear my name being called. Somebody I know from the community gardens was there having a coffee with a friend of hers. (Mi wnaeth hi coffi efo ffrind hefyd.) More chat and then I went off, the rain having eased off momentarily. I got a hose fitting in the hardware shop and an Usborne children's book - Welsh For Beginners, with lots of fun illustrations in one of the charity shops.
As I walked down the road I took some photos of some of the doors along the way. 



It was still raining when we got home so I had another try at the new Duo Lingo. Part of my current trouble is that before the switch I was only half-way through the learning exercises for one topic but now have been thrown straight into the test exercises. So far today I have tried and failed six times to complete a set of test questions. Not good for my confidence.
In the end I gave up and went outside to plant out some of the million aubretia seedlings that have suddenly germinated (I hope they are not just random weeds.) Some have gone into my smallest pots while others have gone straight into the ground. I would love to end up with cascades of aubretia tumbling over the fronts of the raised beds. Foolishly I didn't keep the packet so I don't know if they are all one colour or mixed. Nothing happening yet in the tray that I sowed the thrift but that did come with the warning that it is a slow germinator.


 

1 comment:

happyone said...

The red door is my favorite.
Welsh sounds like it would be so hard to learn!!!!