Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 24 August 2022

Wet.

Still grey and mild with dry spells but mostly lightly raining. Much heavier clouds over the mountains so I guess it's wet up there.
Vytas phoned for a chat last night and today flowers, a card and chocolates arrived from him and Sally. All much appreciated. Speedy also took an interest in the flowers which was explained by the presence of some catmint in the bouquet.
While Peter drove to town to get rid of more bags of bathroom tiles I emptied the last boxes from the bath. One a box of old towels for plumbing emergencies, only made it as far a the other side of the room but I did manage to shuffle things around in one of the utility room cupboards and fit in the contents of another large box. I had fun unpacking the third box labelled 'ceramics and glassware'. Lots of pretty things which for the time being have been put away in various cupboards.
It has felt very muggy indoors but it didn't stay dry for long enough for me to get on with any of the big outdoor jobs. Instead I pottered around weeding the back garden and by the troughs at the front of the house.

 

No comments: