Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 4 August 2022

Costume Making.

The wind is making things distinctly chilly but apart from that it has been a nice sunny day. This morning Speedy, who has been staying out most nights, came into our bedroom at 7.00 and woke me up by bopping me on the head. As I had a lot planned for the day I thought I might as well get up and get on with the morning routine.
There had been a few messages on FB from people saying they wouldn't make it to cake and chat today, (including the lady who was going to make the cake) so I wasn't too surprised when only one other lady turned up. We had a chat for a while with a chap who has one of the allotments and then we attempted our alloted task. We had been asked to cut off any of the fruit tree branches that were showing signs of fire-blight but in the end we only found one. We retired back to the new benches where we shared some (shop) biscuits that I had brought along and I had my coffee. I offered to share the coffee but my companion didn't drink coffee. It was good to be out for a bit and the bike ride is good for me too. I'm now able to cycle up most of the slopes without having to get off the bike and I'm not puffing so much when I get home.
And then it was time to make our carnival costumes. This is a good old fashioned British carnival with weird and wonderful creations rather than the glitz of a Rio carnival. Now wouldn't that be a sight on a chilly summer's day?
(Remember we're only doing this to support the rowing club and the community plus the carnival raises fund for various local projects.) My piggy costume wasn't too hard to put together though I suspect I may end up very hot with cushions strapped to my front and back. I need to go over the lines on Peter's wings as the brown felt pen was fading and I still need to make a sign 'To the land where the Bong Tree grows.' to go on either the boat or the tractor. I may even make some owl feet for Peter. It has taken me all afternoon and I feel quite worn out.
A nice bright evening to end the day.

 

No comments: