Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 10 August 2022

Hot.

Very hot today, 40C/102F on the terrace this afternoon but inside the house the breeze blowing from front to back made it very comfortable. I did three lots of washing which meant an ironing session in the afternoon.
.
I woke early, prepared breakfast, did the morning jobs and my Duo Lingo and then headed out for a walk along the coast path.
I went up to The Monument and then as my stamina seems so much better, carried on to the next high point. (The furthest point on the left in the above photo.) That doesn't look so far but there were some steep up and downs on the way.
Looking back from my new vantage point I could see a lot further along the coast.
I've been as far as Aberwennol, (the beach), but this was the first time I'd ventured up the winding path on the far side. 
Down below the sea was crystal clear but there were no signs of any dolphins.
As can be seen by the walker at the top the path runs very close to the edge which is even closer after a small cliff fall.

There was another stream to cross in a small valley where I found this small dragonfly sitting on the bridge.
At home I had to make sure Speedy was inside with the door shut when a pair of dunnock fledglings hopped about in the hedge calling very loudly 
Later I gave one of the hedges a good trim and tidied up the long hedge from the terrace. I'm also still working on clearing the way down the steps as everything has grown immensely.
Peter took the car down for its MOT this morning and it failed on one small point which he had mentioned to the mechanic beforehand but he forgot to sort it. It won't be ready until tomorrow or even Friday.
Speedy went out just now and came back with a cut/slash across his face. At first I thought it was from glass or a sharp tin as it is recycling day today. I went for a walk around the block but couldn't see anything. Looking again the cut looks ragged so possibly it was a slash from a cat's claw. I've put some animal antiseptic gel on it and will have to keep checking it. Hopefully it won't mean a trip to the vet.
 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Wow that is hot but a nice breeze sure makes things bearable.
Your photos are beautiful!!