Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 30 August 2022

I'm Back.

No blog yesterday because something in my pc blocked the whole of the internet. Peter returned home yesterday evening after a post rowing drink to find me bouncing up and down unable to blog, do my Duo Lingo or check for messages from Romas about a possible visit. It's at times like those that I realise how much I do on-line; emails, keeping in touch with friends and family on FB, Welsh class and Duo, voice warm ups and so on. My big problem is that I only have one way to access the internet which is my pc. So if my pc goes down everything goes off. ( I get the internet on my Kindle but it's quite limited) I have thought and I'm sure said, that it would be sensible to have a lap top as a back up and after yesterday Peter has already ordered me one. Now to find out how to work Windows 11. Peter let me use his pc last night to do my Duo as it makes a big thing of doing it every day, I'm on 204 continous days which is probably since Christmas when we visited Vytas but I'm not allowed to visit my regular sites on his pc. Peter worked on my pc today and the problem seems to stem from Skype which I thought was off years ago, but has been trying to connect and blocked up all my hard drive. 
A couple of photos from yesterday - the stack of cleaned blocks is growing nicely.
Today - nice and warm with plenty of sunshine right up until I went to sit out on the terrace.
At the zoo today I went round all the flower beds weeding and cutting back stems which have finished flowering. The mint is survivng even though the ground there is bone dry. I had a couple of wet nose sniffs from both of the wolf-dogs through the grill while I eased my back for a moment.
It was busy again at the zoo so instead of weeding the gravel by the chickens where I have spotted weeds in one half I did the whole of the gravel by the wolf-dogs. Not only was it less busy but there was an intermitted breeze to cool me down.
Mr Pea is looking quite bedraggled at the moment. He needs to grow new tail feathers.
Back home I did my Duo straight away in case of any problems and then retired to the terrace. It was still warm but not as sunny as before.

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Wondered where you were.