Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 29 July 2013

Blustery.

Today has been very blustery and mostly sunny. I spent the morning getting on with hoovering and washing floors. I like to get the housework out of the way as it's not my favourite past time. Then I got ready for my hydrotherapy, walked to the car and saw this.
I've know how to change a wheel since I was about 10 but I knew I couldn't get it done in time to get to the hospital. Oh well, it's a group session so if you miss one it's not so bad. It was annoying but not stressful. That would have been the case if I'd been on my way to work or for an appointment. And I'll have to pay up for a repair or a new tyre. I cheered myself up with a fresh mango with plain yoghurt before changing back into work clothes and spending the afternoon in the garden. 
One more good session on that bank and it should be sorted. I had to break up every lump of clay because they would often contain grass roots and then I'd have a final dig thinking I'd got all the grass roots only to find more going even deeper. But I might as well do the job properly if I don't want to be digging it all up again in a year or 2.
I called a halt at 6.00 and still had another hour sitting up by the scree garden. The trees were waving in the wind while I caught the last bit of sun reading my book.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Ah too bad about your flat tire. My car has run flat tires so I can still drive on them for a little while. Though the tires are expensive