Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 26 July 2013

Sunny.

It was still sunny today but the clouds are rolling in and some of them this afternoon looked quite black. This morning I went to a friend's house in town for a coffee and a good long chat. Normally we meet at Lindsay's cake shop but today I dropped into town first and got some of those delicious cheesecakes which we ate sitting in Janet's garden. (Any excuse for cheesecake! ) After my visit I drove over the New Bridge to the other side of town, 2 hours free parking at Lidl's, and walked back to the High street. 
But first I called in at the tattoo parlour to book a time to have my tattoo touched up and I walked up Litchdon street to the old almshouses.  
They are still in use as almshouses providing sheltered accommodation for a few lucky elderly of the Parish. The plaque on the front states that they were built in 1627. 
A little further down the street is the impressive entrance to the old  Brannam's Pottery They moved out to Roundswell but have since closed down.
 Here's a view of Litchdon street.
And this is the Square with the 4 Liars clock and the museum behind. I am envious of the clumps of golden oat grass as I lost mine several winters back.
After a bit of shopping I got home in time to sit out for a while in the sun as rain is due tomorrow. Then I did some weeding and replanting so if it doesn't rain I'l have to get the hose out.

1 comment:

happyone said...

1627, wow, amazing that buildings are that old and still being used.
What a nice way to spend the day - eating cheesecake with a friend. : )