Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 6 July 2013

Sunny.

It's been a beautiful sunny day, perfect weather for the school's Summer Fayre. I went along to do my bit which this year turned out to be sitting on a chair in the  sun collecting entrance money and giving out treasure hunt leaflets to all the children. I stayed to hear the school choir sing but wasn't tempted to stay for the singing workshops being run by the Chivenor Military Wives Choir (they are under contract and can't actually perform at events like ours). I expect they came because one member's children used to go to our school. Oh and I got my sewing machine out in the morning and hemmed the shorts which were perfect for today.
Back home I was sitting outside when I heard the kitty calling again. Ellie was indoors so I shut the front door and watched the kitty come to visit Speedy. She jumped over the stream and then hid in the trees before making a cautious approach. 
I  can't show any further photos because she became very 'come hither' which was a waste of time as all my cats are neutered. I better suggest to Sarah that she has the kitties done too or else they'll be wandering off to the neighbouring farms looking for tom cats.
The rest of the evening was spent enjoying the sunshine while Peter cooked a barbecue. I'm watching what I eat at the moment so I only had salad but it was still lovely to be sitting enjoying the sun at 7 in the evening. Our bedroom has that lovely toasty smell you get when the sun has been shining all day. A lovely change from the usual chill..
For many years it was my dream to have a view like this from the edge of the garden. Days like this make me realise just how lucky we are to live here.

No comments: