Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 3 July 2013

Cold.

Still having the same 'summer' weather. Lots of wind and rain last night and grey skies today though thankfully it has been dry. I taught in the afternoon and it was quite hectic down in Reception. Normally the children are spread over 2 rooms/areas and a big outside space with lots of activities but today the pre-school were visiting and using the second room and half the playground and the other half of the playground was being used for a PE lesson. So that left 30 small children in 1/4 of their normal space which was fairly noisy. I was working with a small group and trying hard to get them to concentrate on writing a sentence each. Luckily I wasn't expected to stay for the after school staff meeting so I was home quite early.  I did sit outside for a while but I had to be well wrapped up.
We had some good news yesterday re the wind turbine. The local council has refused planning permission but this is only the start of the battle. The applicant can take it to appeal and unfortunately 80% of applications that were originally refused get through on appeal. And the local council has to pay costs of about £35,000. Last year the previous application for a wind turbine on the same site was the only one in Devon that didn't get passed on appeal.

No comments: