Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 16 July 2013

Still Hot.

I felt drained today after all yesterday's turmoil so I was very glad to have a quiet day at home. Even though it was overcast in the morning it soon warmed up. Having waited several years for this amount of sun and knowing that it could leave us any day I was determined to spend as much time as possible out in the garden. 
I spent a lot of time just sitting and reading but I did manage to do some more tidying up in the outbuildings. The old pump room will have to wait until autumn as the swallows nesting on that side get quite agitated if I'm in the doorway through which they swoop. I will try at least to sort out the back wall of the shelter. There is still a little plaster to be chipped off before I slap on some white paint and then I'll mount the mirrors so that it will look as if there is an archway through into another garden. 
A pair of blackbirds have discovered the redcurrant bush and in 2 days have eaten nearly every red berry. I was enjoying snacking on my all-you-can-eat bush every time I went into the hen run. I bet they'll have the raspberries when they ripen too.

No comments: