Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 2 July 2013

Cool.

It was cooler still today. At only 10C I had to admit that it was not shorts and t-shirt weather. It was dry in the morning so I spent an hour working in the scree garden before heading off to school. We had light rain for most of the afternoon and now it's coming down even more heavily.

That's a bird feeder you naughty squirrel! 
I wondered why the wire was pulled out.
That's better.
I got home today to find a couple of parcels waiting for me. I was so pleased to find these in one of them.
 They came from here,
 and here.
 More of a clue.
Of course you guessed right. A lava stone from Mordor and a twig from the party tree. Just what this LOTR fan had asked for. And even better Vytas had included a pen drive with all his photos from new Zealand and Australia on. I 've spent over an hour looking through photos already and there are still plenty more.
Yesterday.
Ellie came running back home later on in the evening so I shouldn't have been worried. Later Peter and I watched The Stones playing at Glastonbury. At first it was a little shocking to see how aged they looked but they could still get the music out. Mick Jagger did a fair amount of leaping about and when you consider that he is a month away from his 70th birthday it was a totally impressive performance. Yay! for the older generation. Earlier we had watched Kenny Rogers and The Congas, none of them spring chickens either.

No comments: