Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 14 July 2013

Still Hot.

It's been yet another hot day but there is a lot of high cloud which might be a sign that things are changing. At the moment there is a nice breeze blowing so we'll eat our dinner outside and make the most of this lovely weather. My day started well with a chat to Vytas on Skype. It's so good to see him and chat even though he is on the other side of the world.
Peter has spent most of the morning out on the river as they were doing taster sessions, where people can come and have a go to see if they like rowing. After a couple hours doing that they went out for proper race training so he came home happy but worn out.
While there was still some shade I went out and did some strimming at the top of the garden and along the road. As I was sending bits of brambles and stinging nettles flying in all directions I had to be covered from head to toe which got rather hot when I was out of the shade. I noticed the little pond had nearly dried up so I got out the hose and filled it from the garden tap. Our water is from a bore hole so there are no chemicals in it. While the pond was filling I also did some weeding but now that I've had a shower I shall just sit outside and enjoy the sun.

No comments: