Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 18 July 2013

Category 3.

When I came home from work today it was 38C in the shade and 48C in the sun. The south-west is now officially in a category 3 heatwave along with other parts of the country. ( more info ). It was bearable at school with all the doors and windows open but we were all somewhat lethargic. And guess what? Some children still don't have sun hats!
My morning was similar to yesterday, breakfast in the sun followed by a stint of plaster hacking. Then the bliss of a shower and sitting outside to dry my hair. At one point I heard a great humming in the trees. It sounded like one of the monster B movies we are so fond of. I have to be a bit careful of bees as my reaction has got worse each time I've been stung but I never did see what it was.

                                     

No comments: