Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 4 July 2013

Sun Eventually.

'Scuse the blurry picture but I was climbing through tree branches to get a shot of Ellie defending her territory from invasion by one of next door's young kittys. That stick is actually part of our minimal boundary fence. Ellie's tail was beginning to fluff up and she was yowling some very rude things at the kitty who only wanted to come and play with Speedy. I ended up rattling the food dish to trick her into coming back indoors.
The morning was far too wet to attempt any gardening so I cleaned the kitchen windows and all the ceramics and glassware on the shelves.  The clouds were so low on the top of the hill that the trees were shrouded in mist and I needed headlights as well as the windscreen wipers on my way in to work. It can't have been so bad in town because I passed a couple in their sports car with the top down - in the rain.
The sun eventually broke through in the afternoon and we were treated to bright blue skies and some longed for warmth.
However as I drove home anticipating sitting outside with a cup of tea the clouds drew in once more and there were only brief spells of sun. I hear rumours that the rest of July is supposed to be hot and then no doubt just as our holidays start at the end of the month the rain and grey days will return.

No comments: