Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 21 July 2013

Changing ?

It looks as if the weather is beginning to change, or possibly not. The morning was overcast, warm and windy. We took ourselves off for a walk around Morte Point. Morthoe itself was heaving and not only was the car park full but there were cars parked all along the road even though it's a double yellow line (no parking at any time). We were just about to give up when we spotted a couple going to their car. Not only were they leaving but they passed on their all day parking ticket. Not strictly legal but they had paid for that space for the whole day.
We had just gone out on to Morte Point when it ....... rained! We thought about turning back but then decided to take a chance and indeed the clouds soon moved on and it was blue skies once more. We saw a couple of seals people watching in the usual spot while most of the sheep were hiding in the gorse bushes to keep out of the sun. Back home I cut all the grass in case the rain does arrive. The flies were dreadful so I ended up covered from head to toe in joggers, a long sleeved shirt, scarf worn Bedouin style and safety goggles. I did get hot and sweaty but that was soon remedied with a shower and it was better than getting bitten and staying itchy for days if not weeks. After said shower we ate our dinner outside (the flies not being too interested in my clean self). Peter had barbecued some courgettes for me along with his pork which I had with tomato & onion salad and cottage cheese. 
And now for a few more photos from Green Man Day. The owl rescue man was there which gave a great opportunity for taking pictures of owls.
I loved the way the owls took no notice of the dogs. 
This is a Tawny Owl, we often hear them around our house as well as Barn owls. 
I never seem to be able to get a close-up of the wild buzzards so here is a tame one instead.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

I love the photo of the dog and owls. Thanks Ruta for sharing your interests, life and country with me.