Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 25 July 2013

Eventually Sunny.

After some heavy rain last night which had me up and checking the dams at 11.30 the day started overcast and felt cool at only 15C. However by the time I had dealt with some correspondence we were getting sunny spells and things began to warm up.
Naturally I spent the rest of the day outside getting on with weeding some of the flower beds and the stone steps. I also started picking the blackcurrants which were hanging like juicy black grapes. Once more the birds are beating me to the raspberries but I found a few ripe ones to snack on.
All afternoon the warm south-westerly wind was pulling the high cirrus clouds into fantastical shapes.
It was fascinating to watch the veils of cloud twisting and turning across the sky.
I was right about the sparrows. When I took a break in the morning they were still chirping away like mad in their little hole but by lunchtime all was silent apart from the mewling of a lone buzzard. By listening out for the sparrows' chirping I located them in the trees at the back of the house. I wonder if they will have a second brood? The owls are noisy again in the evenings with their screeching and burbling only feet from our bedroom window.

No comments: