Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 8 July 2013

Still Hot.

Out of the wind it has been really hot but today there has been a warm breeze blowing which brings it down to 25-30C which is much nicer.
It's Peter's birthday today (he doesn't do celebrations) but I wouldn't let the day start without cards and presents. After all the panic at his work there was a problem in the supply line so he was able to take today off. Perfect weather for relaxing especially as not only are his knees suffering from a day with the Rayburn but he also managed to trip up outside last night. As well as 2 dramatic grazes on his head he banged his elbow and his hip. Either knock could provoke his immune system to over react and cause a flare up of his p-arthritis in the next few days. He took his medication and so far so good, only time will tell. He's cooking up something spicy for his dinner and I've got more prawn salad so that we can enjoy the evening sitting up by the scree garden.
I've been back and forth to town today. First I had to go for my routine mammogram (our govt. says we only need one every 3 years, nothing to do with saving money I'm sure), which didn't take long but was in the middle of the morning and once I got home I was back out again in another hour. No real time to do much except sit in the sun and read! My second trip out was for my first session in the hydrotherapy pool at the hospital. I felt a bit of a fraud as the other ladies & one lad were so much worse than me. We did a range of general exercises and then I had to do a lot of step work which admittedly would have been hard on my knee without the support of the water. The water was lovely and warm and being taller I was in the deeper end. I felt a bit like a naughty child as I kept giggling when the exercises nearly had me floating away. Try standing on one leg and then leaning over in all directions when you are neck deep in water and you'll see what I mean. I'm booked in for another 7 sessions though unfortunately my hours have been changed and I'm supposed to be working for the next 2 Monday afternoons. I'll see if I can swap at least one of them to the Friday.

No comments: