Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 27 July 2013

Dry.

I was expecting rain today, even had an extra lie-in this morning but it has taken up to 5.00 before gentle rain started to fall. 
The weather was perfect for weeding so I spent the day working on the bank. The soil is at least 80% clay so is horrible to work in when it gets wet. I didn't get all of the grass roots cleared but the end is in sight. Considering I started that job during the winter but then stopped when the London Pride was flowering I'm quite pleased with my progress.
This year the lavender is a deep purple and the above photo doesn't show just how vivid red the crocosmia Lucifer really are. When the boys were at scout camp I used to call in at a smart garden centre near the Alice Holt forest for a wander round their display areas. Just where I would sit to have a cup of tea there was a planter of c. Lucifer which I coveted. Eventually I bought some corms locally and they have thrived and grown into this showy clump.

1 comment:

happyone said...

I know what that clay dirt is like. It also sticks to your shoes and makes your feet huge!! : )