Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 20 July 2013

Green Man Day.

A lovely day for Green Man Day in Pilton with a bit of a breeze at times to cool things down. Peter went earlier as he was acting as a marshal for the procession and then would be up at the gig club's stand (gig, information boards and cake stall), while I just wanted to have a wander around and listen to some music.
Having craftily parked at school I got there in time to see the Green Man and his attendants arrive followed by even more people to add to the throng in the street.  
 It's very much a people's festival with plenty of music, craft stalls, fund raising stalls and information stalls.
 Lots of opportunities to buy your own Green Man.
Up in Rotary Gardens I nearly bought a basket (the rectangular one with the handle nearest the path) as I've been looking for something I can load up with plate, cup, book sunglasses etc to take up the garden but it was a size too big. 
 There was lots of old fashioned fun for the kids as well as free kids' craft making activities.
 I loved this little display next to a stall selling lavender bags, pin cushions etc.
 I saw a group of ladies knitting these in the foyer of our library the other day.
There were plenty of opportunities to buy home made cakes but I am currently trying to be 'good' so I passed by these cup cakes and all the other lovely treats. I was nearly tempted to by some fresh pineapple juice served in the pineapple it came from but I was getting tired so after a bit more listening to music I walked into town to visit the library before driving across town to BJ's where I bought some plants to replace some of my hanging basket plants that haven't done too well. Once home it was too nice to do anything but sit outside enjoying this fantastic weather.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Love the cupcakes!! : )
Haven't been around for a while because of moving. Nice to be able to visit here again. : )