Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 21 September 2014

Blue Skies.

If the sun hadn't been shining so brightly today I'm sure I would have lazed around 'resting' my back. Instead I gave all 12 of the buddlia bushes their autumn trim and most importantly cleared away all the branches. I find it's best not to cut the buddlia right back until the spring when I can see the buds emerging from the stems. Then I cleared some ground and planted 2 cuttings from each of the different colours of buddlia apart from the white one which I'm not so keen on. I'm not sure if the butterflies go for it either. I also had a quick try out of my new long handled shears. They make the job of trimming the grassy bank much easier. I left it to grow wild so it only needs to be done once a year as using either the strimmer or the mower was just too hard a job for us old folks.
I think I saw more dragonflies than butterflies today. Still quite a few bees but no honey bees. I've just been out to check and the swallows seem to have left us. From the smell there is a dead something in the outbuilding. Perhaps Patch has got fed up with me disposing of the dead rats he brings back to the conservatory. If I leave it long enough it should dry up and be less nasty to clear up, once I've found it of course.

1 comment:

happyone said...

You've been busy. Beautiful photos as always.